HBT Daily: Recapping the All-Star Game from Citi Field

Jul 17, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT

source:

Kay Adams and I were on the field after the All-Star Game ended last night, recapping the action. Pitching. Defense. Harvey plunking Cano and, of course, the wonder and glory that is Mariano Rivera.

Not seen: just to our right was Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi doing their own video standup. I believe that our production was prettier and smarter than theirs was. And Kay added some good stuff to it herself.

Note: fancy photograph taken by HBT Daily’s crackerjack co-producer, Mary-Margaret. The fancy effects were added by Kay as she rode home on the 7 train last night. Anyone think we should do the next video art house-style?

1. Jonny 5 - Jul 17, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Craig: [referring to Lee] That guy is tense. Tension is a killer. I used to be in a barbershop quartet in Skokie, Illinois. The baritone was this guy named Kip Diskin, big fat guy, I mean, like, orca fat. He was so stressed in the morning…
    Kay: Craig, you know we’re trying to help you with your blog.
    Craig: Sure, and I appreciate that. And I wanna help you, Kay. I like reporters. I would’ve liked to have been a reporter myself, but my ADD…
    Kay: Craig, you’re not telling us anything. I know you know something about the AS game.
    Craig: I told you everything I know about that….

2. proudlycanadian - Jul 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I realize that it was hot, so I understand the lack of a tie. I wonder if the jacket was covering up sweat stains.

• dwrek5 - Jul 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I was really hoping for the full baseball attire, shoes and all, Jim Leyland style. Why not?!?!

3. Craig Calcaterra - Jul 17, 2013 at 12:57 PM

It was more like a sweat that had shirt stains.

4. xmatt0926x - Jul 17, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I like Kay…….

• foreverchipper10 - Jul 17, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I have to admit. Kay is a fox. Breaking news everyone.

1. Y. Puig (3053)