Jul 17, 2013, 3:01 PM EST
I just read David Amsden’s profile of Mets ace Matt Harvey in the August issue of Men’s Journal magazine and wanted to pass along a couple of particularly amusing excerpts (the whole article is definitely worth reading).
First, here’s Harvey on participating in the New York nightlife and wanting to be like Derek Jeter:
“That guy is the model,” he says. “I mean, first off, let’s just look at the women he’s dated. Obviously, he goes out–he’s meeting these girls somewhere–but you never hear about it. That’s where I want to be.”
And here’s Harvey on the lessons he learned from his family:
“Dirty martinis and music–that’s the big motto in our family,” he says, describing his extended Italian-American clan as a rowdy tribe, fond of letting loose as often as possible. “We get the booze going, and the music starts playing. Always old-school hip-hop. Jay-Z. Tribe Called Quest. The Pharcyde. My parents love that stuff.”
Do you think Matt Harvey’s parents would adopt me?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)