Jul 17, 2013, 3:01 PM EDT
I just read David Amsden’s profile of Mets ace Matt Harvey in the August issue of Men’s Journal magazine and wanted to pass along a couple of particularly amusing excerpts (the whole article is definitely worth reading).
First, here’s Harvey on participating in the New York nightlife and wanting to be like Derek Jeter:
“That guy is the model,” he says. “I mean, first off, let’s just look at the women he’s dated. Obviously, he goes out–he’s meeting these girls somewhere–but you never hear about it. That’s where I want to be.”
And here’s Harvey on the lessons he learned from his family:
“Dirty martinis and music–that’s the big motto in our family,” he says, describing his extended Italian-American clan as a rowdy tribe, fond of letting loose as often as possible. “We get the booze going, and the music starts playing. Always old-school hip-hop. Jay-Z. Tribe Called Quest. The Pharcyde. My parents love that stuff.”
Do you think Matt Harvey’s parents would adopt me?
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11