Jul 18, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Miguel Perez Quintana, who’s the play-by-play announcer for the Diamondbacks’ Spanish-language broadcast, was arrested yesterday and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, intimidation, and criminal damage.
According to police Quintana is accused of “holding a kitchen knife to his wife’s throat and threatening to kill her” and Cecilia Chan of the Arizona Republic reports that the alleged incident occurred when Quintana’s wife found him “in the kitchen looking through her cell phone.”
The couple’s son told police that “he saw his mother on her back on the kitchen floor and his father on top of her holding a large kitchen knife.”
Quintana, who’s in his 16th season with the Diamondbacks, has been suspended.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 95
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 150
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 11
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (150)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)