Jul 18, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Miguel Perez Quintana, who’s the play-by-play announcer for the Diamondbacks’ Spanish-language broadcast, was arrested yesterday and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, intimidation, and criminal damage.
According to police Quintana is accused of “holding a kitchen knife to his wife’s throat and threatening to kill her” and Cecilia Chan of the Arizona Republic reports that the alleged incident occurred when Quintana’s wife found him “in the kitchen looking through her cell phone.”
The couple’s son told police that “he saw his mother on her back on the kitchen floor and his father on top of her holding a large kitchen knife.”
Quintana, who’s in his 16th season with the Diamondbacks, has been suspended.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 0
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)