Jul 18, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
The Cespedes Family Barbecue blog plays the same on-pace game lots of other people have ridiculously played with respect to Chris Davis‘ home run totals following his great first half. The difference: Cespedes Family Barbecue is doing it with its tongue planted firmly in its cheek.
Folks: the season started earlier than normal and the All-Star Break fell late. As such, referring to someone’s “first half totals” with the implication that only half the season has actually been played — or comparing those “first half” totals to players who actually only played half of their games in the first half — is useless at best. Misleading at worst.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 58
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 61
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)