Jul 18, 2013, 3:21 PM EST
The Cespedes Family Barbecue blog plays the same on-pace game lots of other people have ridiculously played with respect to Chris Davis‘ home run totals following his great first half. The difference: Cespedes Family Barbecue is doing it with its tongue planted firmly in its cheek.
Folks: the season started earlier than normal and the All-Star Break fell late. As such, referring to someone’s “first half totals” with the implication that only half the season has actually been played — or comparing those “first half” totals to players who actually only played half of their games in the first half — is useless at best. Misleading at worst.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 0
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 33
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 29
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (134)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)