Jul 18, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
The Cespedes Family Barbecue blog plays the same on-pace game lots of other people have ridiculously played with respect to Chris Davis‘ home run totals following his great first half. The difference: Cespedes Family Barbecue is doing it with its tongue planted firmly in its cheek.
Folks: the season started earlier than normal and the All-Star Break fell late. As such, referring to someone’s “first half totals” with the implication that only half the season has actually been played — or comparing those “first half” totals to players who actually only played half of their games in the first half — is useless at best. Misleading at worst.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 19
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 29
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 26
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 59
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)