Jul 18, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
The Cespedes Family Barbecue blog plays the same on-pace game lots of other people have ridiculously played with respect to Chris Davis‘ home run totals following his great first half. The difference: Cespedes Family Barbecue is doing it with its tongue planted firmly in its cheek.
Folks: the season started earlier than normal and the All-Star Break fell late. As such, referring to someone’s “first half totals” with the implication that only half the season has actually been played — or comparing those “first half” totals to players who actually only played half of their games in the first half — is useless at best. Misleading at worst.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 9
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 16
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)