Jul 18, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
The Cespedes Family Barbecue blog plays the same on-pace game lots of other people have ridiculously played with respect to Chris Davis‘ home run totals following his great first half. The difference: Cespedes Family Barbecue is doing it with its tongue planted firmly in its cheek.
Folks: the season started earlier than normal and the All-Star Break fell late. As such, referring to someone’s “first half totals” with the implication that only half the season has actually been played — or comparing those “first half” totals to players who actually only played half of their games in the first half — is useless at best. Misleading at worst.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)