Jul 18, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
A lot of ballparks host concerts during the season. It always has at least some impact on the field. Usually outfield grass, which takes a bit of a beating. The Twins are particularly worried about the state of their field in the wake of a Kenny Chesney concert which took place at Target Field last week.
They just laid new sod and are worried about it taking in advance of a coming heat wave. Following the home series against Cleveland, however, they hit the road for a while so if it’s subpar this weekend they have time to fix it up.
The lesson: Kenny Chesney ruins everything.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (98)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)