Jul 18, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
A lot of ballparks host concerts during the season. It always has at least some impact on the field. Usually outfield grass, which takes a bit of a beating. The Twins are particularly worried about the state of their field in the wake of a Kenny Chesney concert which took place at Target Field last week.
They just laid new sod and are worried about it taking in advance of a coming heat wave. Following the home series against Cleveland, however, they hit the road for a while so if it’s subpar this weekend they have time to fix it up.
The lesson: Kenny Chesney ruins everything.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (248)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)