Jul 18, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
A lot of ballparks host concerts during the season. It always has at least some impact on the field. Usually outfield grass, which takes a bit of a beating. The Twins are particularly worried about the state of their field in the wake of a Kenny Chesney concert which took place at Target Field last week.
They just laid new sod and are worried about it taking in advance of a coming heat wave. Following the home series against Cleveland, however, they hit the road for a while so if it’s subpar this weekend they have time to fix it up.
The lesson: Kenny Chesney ruins everything.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 43
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 94
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)