Jul 18, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
A lot of ballparks host concerts during the season. It always has at least some impact on the field. Usually outfield grass, which takes a bit of a beating. The Twins are particularly worried about the state of their field in the wake of a Kenny Chesney concert which took place at Target Field last week.
They just laid new sod and are worried about it taking in advance of a coming heat wave. Following the home series against Cleveland, however, they hit the road for a while so if it’s subpar this weekend they have time to fix it up.
The lesson: Kenny Chesney ruins everything.
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 20
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)