Jul 18, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
A lot of ballparks host concerts during the season. It always has at least some impact on the field. Usually outfield grass, which takes a bit of a beating. The Twins are particularly worried about the state of their field in the wake of a Kenny Chesney concert which took place at Target Field last week.
They just laid new sod and are worried about it taking in advance of a coming heat wave. Following the home series against Cleveland, however, they hit the road for a while so if it’s subpar this weekend they have time to fix it up.
The lesson: Kenny Chesney ruins everything.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)