Jul 19, 2013, 7:00 AM EDT
It was a vintage A-Rod moment.
Alex Rodriguez strode to the plate in the third inning, his at-bat soundtracked by a mixture of loud applause and loud-enough derisive comments from the PNC Field crowd. Ever the polarizing figure . . . even in a Triple-A rehab stint.
Then Rodriguez delivered.
He launched a 1-and-2 offering over the right-centerfield wall for a two-run homer and was showered with cheers.
It was his second rehab home run. His first at Triple-A. After the game Rodriguez said he felt “pretty good.” He has three rehab games to go. And, as reported yesterday, is expected to rejoin the Yankees on Monday.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 64
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 64
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29