Jul 19, 2013, 7:00 AM EDT
It was a vintage A-Rod moment.
Alex Rodriguez strode to the plate in the third inning, his at-bat soundtracked by a mixture of loud applause and loud-enough derisive comments from the PNC Field crowd. Ever the polarizing figure . . . even in a Triple-A rehab stint.
Then Rodriguez delivered.
He launched a 1-and-2 offering over the right-centerfield wall for a two-run homer and was showered with cheers.
It was his second rehab home run. His first at Triple-A. After the game Rodriguez said he felt “pretty good.” He has three rehab games to go. And, as reported yesterday, is expected to rejoin the Yankees on Monday.
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 2
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 39
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)