Jul 19, 2013, 8:30 AM EDT
Prosecutors say a suburban New York man who ran onto the field during the All-Star game at Citi Field faces up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine. The suspect allegedly did it on a Twitter dare.
Queens district attorney Richard Brown says 18-year-old Dylan McCue-Masone of Shirley, on Long Island, pleaded not guilty at his arraignment Wednesday. He’s charged with interfering with a professional sporting event.
Hope it was worth it, dude.
While we’re on this, is it rude of me to ask why the security guard felt the need to body slam the clearly not fleeing, clearly not resisting idiot? I know there is a zero per cent chance that the guard will get in trouble for it, but there used to be a time when guards would simply escort guys like this off the field. Now everyone gets a free shot?
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 20
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 107
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (108)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)