Jul 19, 2013, 8:30 AM EDT
Prosecutors say a suburban New York man who ran onto the field during the All-Star game at Citi Field faces up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine. The suspect allegedly did it on a Twitter dare.
Queens district attorney Richard Brown says 18-year-old Dylan McCue-Masone of Shirley, on Long Island, pleaded not guilty at his arraignment Wednesday. He’s charged with interfering with a professional sporting event.
Hope it was worth it, dude.
While we’re on this, is it rude of me to ask why the security guard felt the need to body slam the clearly not fleeing, clearly not resisting idiot? I know there is a zero per cent chance that the guard will get in trouble for it, but there used to be a time when guards would simply escort guys like this off the field. Now everyone gets a free shot?
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 38
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 26
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 59
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)