Jul 19, 2013, 8:30 AM EDT
Prosecutors say a suburban New York man who ran onto the field during the All-Star game at Citi Field faces up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine. The suspect allegedly did it on a Twitter dare.
Queens district attorney Richard Brown says 18-year-old Dylan McCue-Masone of Shirley, on Long Island, pleaded not guilty at his arraignment Wednesday. He’s charged with interfering with a professional sporting event.
Hope it was worth it, dude.
While we’re on this, is it rude of me to ask why the security guard felt the need to body slam the clearly not fleeing, clearly not resisting idiot? I know there is a zero per cent chance that the guard will get in trouble for it, but there used to be a time when guards would simply escort guys like this off the field. Now everyone gets a free shot?
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 40
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 22
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 111
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 30
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 106
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 82
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (111)