Jul 19, 2013, 8:30 AM EDT
Prosecutors say a suburban New York man who ran onto the field during the All-Star game at Citi Field faces up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine. The suspect allegedly did it on a Twitter dare.
Queens district attorney Richard Brown says 18-year-old Dylan McCue-Masone of Shirley, on Long Island, pleaded not guilty at his arraignment Wednesday. He’s charged with interfering with a professional sporting event.
Hope it was worth it, dude.
While we’re on this, is it rude of me to ask why the security guard felt the need to body slam the clearly not fleeing, clearly not resisting idiot? I know there is a zero per cent chance that the guard will get in trouble for it, but there used to be a time when guards would simply escort guys like this off the field. Now everyone gets a free shot?
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 14
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 21
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 39
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)