Jul 19, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Out since June 29 with a fractured wrist, Peter Bourjos‘ return timetable has been pushed back after X-rays showed the bone hasn’t fully healed.
Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports that Bourjos will likely miss an additional 1-2 weeks, which rules out the Angels center fielder coming off the disabled list this month. He hasn’t even picked up a bat yet.
Bourjos has hit .333 with his usual amazing defense this season, but he’s been limited to just 40 games due to the fractured wrist and a previous hamstring injury, leaving Mike Trout to man center field.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 1
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 21
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)