Jul 19, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Out since June 29 with a fractured wrist, Peter Bourjos‘ return timetable has been pushed back after X-rays showed the bone hasn’t fully healed.
Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports that Bourjos will likely miss an additional 1-2 weeks, which rules out the Angels center fielder coming off the disabled list this month. He hasn’t even picked up a bat yet.
Bourjos has hit .333 with his usual amazing defense this season, but he’s been limited to just 40 games due to the fractured wrist and a previous hamstring injury, leaving Mike Trout to man center field.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 42
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 23
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 23
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 37
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (99)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)