Jul 19, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Out since June 29 with a fractured wrist, Peter Bourjos‘ return timetable has been pushed back after X-rays showed the bone hasn’t fully healed.
Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports that Bourjos will likely miss an additional 1-2 weeks, which rules out the Angels center fielder coming off the disabled list this month. He hasn’t even picked up a bat yet.
Bourjos has hit .333 with his usual amazing defense this season, but he’s been limited to just 40 games due to the fractured wrist and a previous hamstring injury, leaving Mike Trout to man center field.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)