Jul 19, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Out since June 29 with a fractured wrist, Peter Bourjos‘ return timetable has been pushed back after X-rays showed the bone hasn’t fully healed.
Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports that Bourjos will likely miss an additional 1-2 weeks, which rules out the Angels center fielder coming off the disabled list this month. He hasn’t even picked up a bat yet.
Bourjos has hit .333 with his usual amazing defense this season, but he’s been limited to just 40 games due to the fractured wrist and a previous hamstring injury, leaving Mike Trout to man center field.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59