Jul 19, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Out since June 29 with a fractured wrist, Peter Bourjos‘ return timetable has been pushed back after X-rays showed the bone hasn’t fully healed.
Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports that Bourjos will likely miss an additional 1-2 weeks, which rules out the Angels center fielder coming off the disabled list this month. He hasn’t even picked up a bat yet.
Bourjos has hit .333 with his usual amazing defense this season, but he’s been limited to just 40 games due to the fractured wrist and a previous hamstring injury, leaving Mike Trout to man center field.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)