Jul 19, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
Earlier tonight, reports indicated that a trade between the Rangers and Cubs involving Matt Garza was imminent, but it hit a “snag”. Although the two sides remain very close on the terms of a trade, it won’t be completed tonight, says Jeff Wilson.
Jeff Passan reported that the deal included prospects Mike Olt, Neil Ramirez, and C.J. Edwards. Olt was rated the #22 overall prospect by both Baseball America and MLB.com entering the 2013 season. The third baseman made his Major League debut on August 2 last year, but did not have much success in his first go-around in the Majors. With Triple-A Round Rock, the 24-year-old Olt has a .208/.311/.394 line in 257 trips to the plate.
Ramirez is a 24-year-old right-hander currently starting for Double-A Frisco. In 92 innings, he has a 3.33 ERA with 113 strikeouts. Edwards is a 21-year-old right-hander with Single-A Hickory of the South Atlantic League. In 93.1 innings, he has a 1.83 ERA with 122 strikeouts.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)