Jul 19, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
Earlier tonight, reports indicated that a trade between the Rangers and Cubs involving Matt Garza was imminent, but it hit a “snag”. Although the two sides remain very close on the terms of a trade, it won’t be completed tonight, says Jeff Wilson.
Jeff Passan reported that the deal included prospects Mike Olt, Neil Ramirez, and C.J. Edwards. Olt was rated the #22 overall prospect by both Baseball America and MLB.com entering the 2013 season. The third baseman made his Major League debut on August 2 last year, but did not have much success in his first go-around in the Majors. With Triple-A Round Rock, the 24-year-old Olt has a .208/.311/.394 line in 257 trips to the plate.
Ramirez is a 24-year-old right-hander currently starting for Double-A Frisco. In 92 innings, he has a 3.33 ERA with 113 strikeouts. Edwards is a 21-year-old right-hander with Single-A Hickory of the South Atlantic League. In 93.1 innings, he has a 1.83 ERA with 122 strikeouts.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)