Jul 19, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
Earlier tonight, reports indicated that a trade between the Rangers and Cubs involving Matt Garza was imminent, but it hit a “snag”. Although the two sides remain very close on the terms of a trade, it won’t be completed tonight, says Jeff Wilson.
Jeff Passan reported that the deal included prospects Mike Olt, Neil Ramirez, and C.J. Edwards. Olt was rated the #22 overall prospect by both Baseball America and MLB.com entering the 2013 season. The third baseman made his Major League debut on August 2 last year, but did not have much success in his first go-around in the Majors. With Triple-A Round Rock, the 24-year-old Olt has a .208/.311/.394 line in 257 trips to the plate.
Ramirez is a 24-year-old right-hander currently starting for Double-A Frisco. In 92 innings, he has a 3.33 ERA with 113 strikeouts. Edwards is a 21-year-old right-hander with Single-A Hickory of the South Atlantic League. In 93.1 innings, he has a 1.83 ERA with 122 strikeouts.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)