Jul 19, 2013, 9:05 PM EST
Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino was taken out of the game before the top of the fourth inning during tonight’s game against the Yankees. Victorino grounded into a 4-6-3 double play for the first two outs in the bottom of the third. Sean McAdam of CSN New England tweeted that Victorino appeared to have aggravated his left hamstring. Daniel Nava took his spot in right field.
Victorino had a stint on the DL earlier in the season, May 21 through June 7, with a strained left hamstring. Since returning, he hadn’t skipped a beat on offense, posting a .297/.331/.449 line. If Victorino needs another spell on the DL, Jackie Bradley, Jr. is a candidate to be recalled.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)