Jul 19, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
After missing the past six weeks with a fractured rib Jake Peavy is off the disabled list and scheduled to start for the White Sox tomorrow against the Braves.
That means Peavy could make three starts before the July 31 trade deadline, giving contending teams a chance to evaluate his health and effectiveness with one-and-a-half seasons and around $20 million remaining on his contract.
Peavy had a 2.97 ERA as of May 25, but then struggled in back-to-back starts before going on the disabled list. He threw five innings of one-run ball at Double-A in a minor-league rehab start Sunday.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 5
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 12
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)