Jul 19, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
After missing the past six weeks with a fractured rib Jake Peavy is off the disabled list and scheduled to start for the White Sox tomorrow against the Braves.
That means Peavy could make three starts before the July 31 trade deadline, giving contending teams a chance to evaluate his health and effectiveness with one-and-a-half seasons and around $20 million remaining on his contract.
Peavy had a 2.97 ERA as of May 25, but then struggled in back-to-back starts before going on the disabled list. He threw five innings of one-run ball at Double-A in a minor-league rehab start Sunday.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12