Jul 19, 2013, 4:46 PM EST
After missing the past six weeks with a fractured rib Jake Peavy is off the disabled list and scheduled to start for the White Sox tomorrow against the Braves.
That means Peavy could make three starts before the July 31 trade deadline, giving contending teams a chance to evaluate his health and effectiveness with one-and-a-half seasons and around $20 million remaining on his contract.
Peavy had a 2.97 ERA as of May 25, but then struggled in back-to-back starts before going on the disabled list. He threw five innings of one-run ball at Double-A in a minor-league rehab start Sunday.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 42
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 31
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 50
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)