Jul 19, 2013, 4:46 PM EST
After missing the past six weeks with a fractured rib Jake Peavy is off the disabled list and scheduled to start for the White Sox tomorrow against the Braves.
That means Peavy could make three starts before the July 31 trade deadline, giving contending teams a chance to evaluate his health and effectiveness with one-and-a-half seasons and around $20 million remaining on his contract.
Peavy had a 2.97 ERA as of May 25, but then struggled in back-to-back starts before going on the disabled list. He threw five innings of one-run ball at Double-A in a minor-league rehab start Sunday.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 23
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 18
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (74)