Jul 19, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
After missing the first 90 games of the season Derek Jeter returned from a broken ankle last Thursday, only to injure his quadriceps midway through his first game back. Jeter used the All-Star break to rest up, hoping to avoid a return to the disabled list, but the Yankees have placed the shortstop back on the shelf.
Because the move is retroactive Jeter is eligible to return on July 27, but obviously that’s far from guaranteed. He’s been diagnosed with a Grade 1 strain, which is the lowest possible grade, but at age 39 and given how much time he missed with the broken ankle who knows how quickly Jeter will heal this time around.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11