Jul 20, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
The Daily News has spent the past decade dumping crap on Alex-Rodriguez. A lot of it well-deserved crap — A-Rod has always been a seemingly willing accomplice in making himself look bad — but it’s undeniable that the Daily News has leapt at every possible chance to cast Rodriguez as a villain.
So I chuckled when I saw this headline this morning:
“Could?” You write hundreds of stories about A-Rod being some mix between Satan, Genghis Khan and that guy who knocked up your teenage daughter and you say he “could” become a pariah? Where does the uncertainty come from, Daily News? What exactly is going to prevent that now, at least in the pages of your newspaper?
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 97
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39