Jul 20, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
The Daily News has spent the past decade dumping crap on Alex-Rodriguez. A lot of it well-deserved crap — A-Rod has always been a seemingly willing accomplice in making himself look bad — but it’s undeniable that the Daily News has leapt at every possible chance to cast Rodriguez as a villain.
So I chuckled when I saw this headline this morning:
“Could?” You write hundreds of stories about A-Rod being some mix between Satan, Genghis Khan and that guy who knocked up your teenage daughter and you say he “could” become a pariah? Where does the uncertainty come from, Daily News? What exactly is going to prevent that now, at least in the pages of your newspaper?
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)