Jul 20, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
The Daily News has spent the past decade dumping crap on Alex-Rodriguez. A lot of it well-deserved crap — A-Rod has always been a seemingly willing accomplice in making himself look bad — but it’s undeniable that the Daily News has leapt at every possible chance to cast Rodriguez as a villain.
So I chuckled when I saw this headline this morning:
“Could?” You write hundreds of stories about A-Rod being some mix between Satan, Genghis Khan and that guy who knocked up your teenage daughter and you say he “could” become a pariah? Where does the uncertainty come from, Daily News? What exactly is going to prevent that now, at least in the pages of your newspaper?
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)