Jul 20, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
The Daily News has spent the past decade dumping crap on Alex-Rodriguez. A lot of it well-deserved crap — A-Rod has always been a seemingly willing accomplice in making himself look bad — but it’s undeniable that the Daily News has leapt at every possible chance to cast Rodriguez as a villain.
So I chuckled when I saw this headline this morning:
“Could?” You write hundreds of stories about A-Rod being some mix between Satan, Genghis Khan and that guy who knocked up your teenage daughter and you say he “could” become a pariah? Where does the uncertainty come from, Daily News? What exactly is going to prevent that now, at least in the pages of your newspaper?
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 42
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 89
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)