Jul 20, 2013, 11:10 PM EST
Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp played in a simulated game against injured starter Ted Lilly today, hitting two home runs. Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times says Kemp, recovering from irritation of the AC joint in his left shoulder, is on track to be activated tomorrow. After returning from the disabled list on June 25, Kemp only lasted a week and a half before needing another stint on the DL.
Kemp has posted a .666 OPS on the season in 246 trips to the plate. He is in the second year of an eight-year, $160 million contract extension.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)