Jul 20, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp played in a simulated game against injured starter Ted Lilly today, hitting two home runs. Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times says Kemp, recovering from irritation of the AC joint in his left shoulder, is on track to be activated tomorrow. After returning from the disabled list on June 25, Kemp only lasted a week and a half before needing another stint on the DL.
Kemp has posted a .666 OPS on the season in 246 trips to the plate. He is in the second year of an eight-year, $160 million contract extension.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 2
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)