Jul 20, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp played in a simulated game against injured starter Ted Lilly today, hitting two home runs. Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times says Kemp, recovering from irritation of the AC joint in his left shoulder, is on track to be activated tomorrow. After returning from the disabled list on June 25, Kemp only lasted a week and a half before needing another stint on the DL.
Kemp has posted a .666 OPS on the season in 246 trips to the plate. He is in the second year of an eight-year, $160 million contract extension.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 83
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (85)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)