Jul 20, 2013, 11:10 PM EST
Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp played in a simulated game against injured starter Ted Lilly today, hitting two home runs. Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times says Kemp, recovering from irritation of the AC joint in his left shoulder, is on track to be activated tomorrow. After returning from the disabled list on June 25, Kemp only lasted a week and a half before needing another stint on the DL.
Kemp has posted a .666 OPS on the season in 246 trips to the plate. He is in the second year of an eight-year, $160 million contract extension.
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 45
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 78
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 133
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 22
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (135)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)