Jul 21, 2013, 2:19 PM EST
Alex Rodriguez was hoping to rejoin the Yankees on Monday, but that doesn’t seem likely to happen.
According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, the veteran third baseman is headed to New York for an MRI on his sore left quadriceps muscle, which began bothering him Saturday. It’s a precautionary exam and A-Rod is still telling reporters that he wants to return to the Yankees’ active roster early this week, but no decision is going to be made on that front until the results of the MRI are analyzed.
A-Rod underwent surgery on his left hip January 16 and has been in recovery mode through the first four months of the 2013 regular season. He is 8-for-40 (.200/.250/.375) with two home runs and 12 strikeouts in 13 minor league rehab games so far.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)