Jul 21, 2013, 1:36 PM EDT
John Lott of the National Post reports that Melky Cabrera has been activated from the disabled list and is back in Toronto’s starting lineup — batting fifth and playing left field — on Sunday vs. the Rays.
Cabrera was out for seven weeks with tendinitis in his left knee. Some knee discomfort still remains, but he feels well enough to attempt to play through it.
Melky is batting just .278/.321/.362 with three home runs and 29 RBI through 78 games this season for Toronto. The 28-year-old signed a two-year, $16 million free agent contract in December 2012.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)