Jul 21, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
The Rays are by far the hottest team in baseball.
With young right-hander Chris Archer yielding only one run over seven innings and both Evan Longoria and Luke Scott providing home runs, Tampa Bay won its sixth straight game on Sunday afternoon in a sweep of the Blue Jays at Toronto’s Rogers Centre.
Archer has a 0.41 ERA over his last 22 innings and the Rays have been winners in each of his last six outings. The 24-year-old right-hander boasts a 2.76 ERA and a 1.18 WHIP in 58 2/3 total frames since his promotion to the major leagues on June 1.
The Rays are now just one game back of the Red Sox in the American League East standings.
They’re 20-4 since June 21.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 21
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)