Jul 22, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
The phrase “Clay Buchholz will pay a visit to Dr. James Andrews” probably freaked a lot of Red Sox fans out, but the news is not so bad:
Dr Andrews concurs with Red Sox doc opinion no structural damage just inflammation in buchholz neck. Will continue throwing.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) July 22, 2013
This confirms earlier diagnoses. Buchholz will continue his throwing program. Assuming he feels better by August, this could be a blessing in disguise, as the Sox will be getting a relatively fresh-armed ace back for the stretch run.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17