Jul 22, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
The phrase “Clay Buchholz will pay a visit to Dr. James Andrews” probably freaked a lot of Red Sox fans out, but the news is not so bad:
Dr Andrews concurs with Red Sox doc opinion no structural damage just inflammation in buchholz neck. Will continue throwing.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) July 22, 2013
This confirms earlier diagnoses. Buchholz will continue his throwing program. Assuming he feels better by August, this could be a blessing in disguise, as the Sox will be getting a relatively fresh-armed ace back for the stretch run.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)