Jul 22, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
The phrase “Clay Buchholz will pay a visit to Dr. James Andrews” probably freaked a lot of Red Sox fans out, but the news is not so bad:
Dr Andrews concurs with Red Sox doc opinion no structural damage just inflammation in buchholz neck. Will continue throwing.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) July 22, 2013
This confirms earlier diagnoses. Buchholz will continue his throwing program. Assuming he feels better by August, this could be a blessing in disguise, as the Sox will be getting a relatively fresh-armed ace back for the stretch run.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)