Jul 22, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Based on various reports last week Matt Garza was supposed to be traded by now, but he remains with the Cubs and manager Dale Sveum guaranteed that the right-hander will make his scheduled start tonight against the Diamondbacks. Well, sort of.
“I’d say 100 percent he’s going to be pitching,” Sveum told Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com, although he also added: “If we get a phone call and something changes, that’s the way it is.”
So, basically, Garza will start for the Cubs tonight unless he’s traded, in which he case he won’t start for the Cubs tonight. Glad that’s all cleared up.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)