Jul 22, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Based on various reports last week Matt Garza was supposed to be traded by now, but he remains with the Cubs and manager Dale Sveum guaranteed that the right-hander will make his scheduled start tonight against the Diamondbacks. Well, sort of.
“I’d say 100 percent he’s going to be pitching,” Sveum told Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com, although he also added: “If we get a phone call and something changes, that’s the way it is.”
So, basically, Garza will start for the Cubs tonight unless he’s traded, in which he case he won’t start for the Cubs tonight. Glad that’s all cleared up.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 255
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (255)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)