Jul 22, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Based on various reports last week Matt Garza was supposed to be traded by now, but he remains with the Cubs and manager Dale Sveum guaranteed that the right-hander will make his scheduled start tonight against the Diamondbacks. Well, sort of.
“I’d say 100 percent he’s going to be pitching,” Sveum told Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com, although he also added: “If we get a phone call and something changes, that’s the way it is.”
So, basically, Garza will start for the Cubs tonight unless he’s traded, in which he case he won’t start for the Cubs tonight. Glad that’s all cleared up.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 0
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (85)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (70)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)