Jul 22, 2013, 1:16 PM EDT
Gordon Beckham has hit .327 in 39 games since returning from a broken hamate bone in early June, but the White Sox second baseman injured his surgically repaired wrist Friday.
Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com reports that Beckham tweaked his wrist while taking pregame batting practice, but played that night and Saturday before sitting out Sunday. And now he’s expected to miss at least a few more games.
Beckham explained that a doctor told him “the ligament came off the bone” but then quickly added: “I know that sounds bad, but it apparently is just a strain.” Well, he’s right that it “sounds bad.”
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 2
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 21
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 39
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4