Jul 22, 2013, 1:16 PM EST
Gordon Beckham has hit .327 in 39 games since returning from a broken hamate bone in early June, but the White Sox second baseman injured his surgically repaired wrist Friday.
Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com reports that Beckham tweaked his wrist while taking pregame batting practice, but played that night and Saturday before sitting out Sunday. And now he’s expected to miss at least a few more games.
Beckham explained that a doctor told him “the ligament came off the bone” but then quickly added: “I know that sounds bad, but it apparently is just a strain.” Well, he’s right that it “sounds bad.”
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 48
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 187
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (201)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)