Jul 22, 2013, 1:16 PM EST
Gordon Beckham has hit .327 in 39 games since returning from a broken hamate bone in early June, but the White Sox second baseman injured his surgically repaired wrist Friday.
Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com reports that Beckham tweaked his wrist while taking pregame batting practice, but played that night and Saturday before sitting out Sunday. And now he’s expected to miss at least a few more games.
Beckham explained that a doctor told him “the ligament came off the bone” but then quickly added: “I know that sounds bad, but it apparently is just a strain.” Well, he’s right that it “sounds bad.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)