Jul 22, 2013, 1:16 PM EST
Gordon Beckham has hit .327 in 39 games since returning from a broken hamate bone in early June, but the White Sox second baseman injured his surgically repaired wrist Friday.
Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com reports that Beckham tweaked his wrist while taking pregame batting practice, but played that night and Saturday before sitting out Sunday. And now he’s expected to miss at least a few more games.
Beckham explained that a doctor told him “the ligament came off the bone” but then quickly added: “I know that sounds bad, but it apparently is just a strain.” Well, he’s right that it “sounds bad.”
- Major League Baseball to investigate Randy Levine for tampering as a result of Mike Trout comment 6
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” 83
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 17
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 60
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 6
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)