Jul 22, 2013, 9:49 AM EST
In his defense, it’s possible that the shortstop was trying to turn the double play and the skydiver was merely playing hard-nosed baseball.
Per the Daily News, this took place down in the Summer Prospect League. The shortstop plays for the Hannibal Cavemen. Which is a fantastic mascot, by the way. The skydiver was unharmed. The shortstop got a gash on his head but is doing OK too.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)