Jul 22, 2013, 9:49 AM EDT
In his defense, it’s possible that the shortstop was trying to turn the double play and the skydiver was merely playing hard-nosed baseball.
Per the Daily News, this took place down in the Summer Prospect League. The shortstop plays for the Hannibal Cavemen. Which is a fantastic mascot, by the way. The skydiver was unharmed. The shortstop got a gash on his head but is doing OK too.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (94)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)