Jul 22, 2013, 10:01 PM EST
Scary moment in Seattle. According to Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times, Mariners manager Eric Wedge was taken to the hospital tonight after he experienced dizzy spells on the field prior to a game against the Indians.
After being helped into the clubhouse by players, Wedge was evaluated by two team doctors at the ballpark. While he appeared to be feeling better, Mariners general manager Jack Zduriencik said that he was sent to the hospital as a precaution.
“He’s fine, he’s being evaluated by our doctors,” Zduriencik said. “Everything is good, looks real good. What we’re doing is, we’re going to be very cautious about this and he’s going to get checked tonight. We’ll run him up to the hospital just to make sure we cover all of our bases. But he’s talking well, he’s fine and everything seems to be normal.”
Bench coach Robby Thompson will manage the team this evening, but Zduriencik expects Wedge to be back for tomorrow’s game.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 21
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 28
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (125)