Jul 22, 2013, 10:01 PM EDT
Scary moment in Seattle. According to Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times, Mariners manager Eric Wedge was taken to the hospital tonight after he experienced dizzy spells on the field prior to a game against the Indians.
After being helped into the clubhouse by players, Wedge was evaluated by two team doctors at the ballpark. While he appeared to be feeling better, Mariners general manager Jack Zduriencik said that he was sent to the hospital as a precaution.
“He’s fine, he’s being evaluated by our doctors,” Zduriencik said. “Everything is good, looks real good. What we’re doing is, we’re going to be very cautious about this and he’s going to get checked tonight. We’ll run him up to the hospital just to make sure we cover all of our bases. But he’s talking well, he’s fine and everything seems to be normal.”
Bench coach Robby Thompson will manage the team this evening, but Zduriencik expects Wedge to be back for tomorrow’s game.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 139
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 133
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (139)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (133)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)