Jul 22, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
UPDATE: Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that X-rays on Kemp’s ankle came back negative.
7:00 PM: Matt Kemp was having a banner day in his return from the disabled list yesterday before he was forced to exit in the ninth inning after he sprained his left ankle on an awkward slide into home plate. Now the Dodgers are trying to figure out if a return trip to the disabled list is in his future.
According to Ken Gurnick of MLB.com, Kemp will have precautionary X-rays on his ankle tonight. The Dodgers don’t believe there are any fractures, but manager Don Mattingly told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that he is expected to miss the entire series against the Blue Jays at the very least.
Amazingly, yesterday was the first time all season that Kemp, Hanley Ramirez, and Carl Crawford were all in the starting lineup on the same day. While the Dodgers continue to climb in the standings, we’re going to have to wait a little while before they are all together again.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)