Jul 22, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
UPDATE: Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that X-rays on Kemp’s ankle came back negative.
7:00 PM: Matt Kemp was having a banner day in his return from the disabled list yesterday before he was forced to exit in the ninth inning after he sprained his left ankle on an awkward slide into home plate. Now the Dodgers are trying to figure out if a return trip to the disabled list is in his future.
According to Ken Gurnick of MLB.com, Kemp will have precautionary X-rays on his ankle tonight. The Dodgers don’t believe there are any fractures, but manager Don Mattingly told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that he is expected to miss the entire series against the Blue Jays at the very least.
Amazingly, yesterday was the first time all season that Kemp, Hanley Ramirez, and Carl Crawford were all in the starting lineup on the same day. While the Dodgers continue to climb in the standings, we’re going to have to wait a little while before they are all together again.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 26
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 7
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)