Jul 22, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
UPDATE: Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that X-rays on Kemp’s ankle came back negative.
7:00 PM: Matt Kemp was having a banner day in his return from the disabled list yesterday before he was forced to exit in the ninth inning after he sprained his left ankle on an awkward slide into home plate. Now the Dodgers are trying to figure out if a return trip to the disabled list is in his future.
According to Ken Gurnick of MLB.com, Kemp will have precautionary X-rays on his ankle tonight. The Dodgers don’t believe there are any fractures, but manager Don Mattingly told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that he is expected to miss the entire series against the Blue Jays at the very least.
Amazingly, yesterday was the first time all season that Kemp, Hanley Ramirez, and Carl Crawford were all in the starting lineup on the same day. While the Dodgers continue to climb in the standings, we’re going to have to wait a little while before they are all together again.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (125)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)