Jul 22, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
UPDATE: Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that X-rays on Kemp’s ankle came back negative.
7:00 PM: Matt Kemp was having a banner day in his return from the disabled list yesterday before he was forced to exit in the ninth inning after he sprained his left ankle on an awkward slide into home plate. Now the Dodgers are trying to figure out if a return trip to the disabled list is in his future.
According to Ken Gurnick of MLB.com, Kemp will have precautionary X-rays on his ankle tonight. The Dodgers don’t believe there are any fractures, but manager Don Mattingly told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that he is expected to miss the entire series against the Blue Jays at the very least.
Amazingly, yesterday was the first time all season that Kemp, Hanley Ramirez, and Carl Crawford were all in the starting lineup on the same day. While the Dodgers continue to climb in the standings, we’re going to have to wait a little while before they are all together again.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 21
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)