Jul 22, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
UPDATE: Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that X-rays on Kemp’s ankle came back negative.
7:00 PM: Matt Kemp was having a banner day in his return from the disabled list yesterday before he was forced to exit in the ninth inning after he sprained his left ankle on an awkward slide into home plate. Now the Dodgers are trying to figure out if a return trip to the disabled list is in his future.
According to Ken Gurnick of MLB.com, Kemp will have precautionary X-rays on his ankle tonight. The Dodgers don’t believe there are any fractures, but manager Don Mattingly told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that he is expected to miss the entire series against the Blue Jays at the very least.
Amazingly, yesterday was the first time all season that Kemp, Hanley Ramirez, and Carl Crawford were all in the starting lineup on the same day. While the Dodgers continue to climb in the standings, we’re going to have to wait a little while before they are all together again.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)