Jul 22, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera made an early exit from tonight’s game against the White Sox due to a sore left hip flexor, reports Chris Iott of MLive.com. He’ll be re-evaluated tomorrow, but will likely be listed day-to-day.
Cabrera appeared to tweak something after he scored on a Victor Martinez single in the top of the fifth inning. He stayed in the game initially, but walked gingerly off the field after he failed to make a play at third base on a grounder off the bat of Adam Dunn in the bottom of the frame.
One year after winning baseball’s first triple crown since 1967, Cabrera is batting .358/.454/.666 with 31 home runs and 96 RBI in 97 games this season. The Tigers entered play tonight with a slim 1 1/2 game lead over the Indians in the American League Central, so they are surely crossing their fingers that the injury turns out to be minor.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)