Jul 22, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera made an early exit from tonight’s game against the White Sox due to a sore left hip flexor, reports Chris Iott of MLive.com. He’ll be re-evaluated tomorrow, but will likely be listed day-to-day.
Cabrera appeared to tweak something after he scored on a Victor Martinez single in the top of the fifth inning. He stayed in the game initially, but walked gingerly off the field after he failed to make a play at third base on a grounder off the bat of Adam Dunn in the bottom of the frame.
One year after winning baseball’s first triple crown since 1967, Cabrera is batting .358/.454/.666 with 31 home runs and 96 RBI in 97 games this season. The Tigers entered play tonight with a slim 1 1/2 game lead over the Indians in the American League Central, so they are surely crossing their fingers that the injury turns out to be minor.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)