Jul 22, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera made an early exit from tonight’s game against the White Sox due to a sore left hip flexor, reports Chris Iott of MLive.com. He’ll be re-evaluated tomorrow, but will likely be listed day-to-day.
Cabrera appeared to tweak something after he scored on a Victor Martinez single in the top of the fifth inning. He stayed in the game initially, but walked gingerly off the field after he failed to make a play at third base on a grounder off the bat of Adam Dunn in the bottom of the frame.
One year after winning baseball’s first triple crown since 1967, Cabrera is batting .358/.454/.666 with 31 home runs and 96 RBI in 97 games this season. The Tigers entered play tonight with a slim 1 1/2 game lead over the Indians in the American League Central, so they are surely crossing their fingers that the injury turns out to be minor.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 69
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 79
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 62
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)