Jul 22, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
The Marlins are finally back on the board.
Giancarlo Stanton hit an RBI double off left-hander Drew Pomeranz in the top of the first inning tonight against the Rockies, snapping a streak of 37 consecutive scoreless innings for the Marlins. It was the team’s first run since Derek Dietrich drove in two runs in the fourth inning on July 14 against the Nationals. The Marlins were shut out in all three games against the Brewers over the weekend.
The Marlins’ scoreless streak was the longest in the majors since the Astros had a 42-inning drought in 1985. As pathetic as the team’s offense has been this season, a trip to Coors Field is just what the doctor ordered.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11