Jul 22, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
The Marlins are finally back on the board.
Giancarlo Stanton hit an RBI double off left-hander Drew Pomeranz in the top of the first inning tonight against the Rockies, snapping a streak of 37 consecutive scoreless innings for the Marlins. It was the team’s first run since Derek Dietrich drove in two runs in the fourth inning on July 14 against the Nationals. The Marlins were shut out in all three games against the Brewers over the weekend.
The Marlins’ scoreless streak was the longest in the majors since the Astros had a 42-inning drought in 1985. As pathetic as the team’s offense has been this season, a trip to Coors Field is just what the doctor ordered.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)