Jul 22, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
The Marlins are finally back on the board.
Giancarlo Stanton hit an RBI double off left-hander Drew Pomeranz in the top of the first inning tonight against the Rockies, snapping a streak of 37 consecutive scoreless innings for the Marlins. It was the team’s first run since Derek Dietrich drove in two runs in the fourth inning on July 14 against the Nationals. The Marlins were shut out in all three games against the Brewers over the weekend.
The Marlins’ scoreless streak was the longest in the majors since the Astros had a 42-inning drought in 1985. As pathetic as the team’s offense has been this season, a trip to Coors Field is just what the doctor ordered.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)