Jul 22, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
The Marlins are finally back on the board.
Giancarlo Stanton hit an RBI double off left-hander Drew Pomeranz in the top of the first inning tonight against the Rockies, snapping a streak of 37 consecutive scoreless innings for the Marlins. It was the team’s first run since Derek Dietrich drove in two runs in the fourth inning on July 14 against the Nationals. The Marlins were shut out in all three games against the Brewers over the weekend.
The Marlins’ scoreless streak was the longest in the majors since the Astros had a 42-inning drought in 1985. As pathetic as the team’s offense has been this season, a trip to Coors Field is just what the doctor ordered.
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 8
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 98
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 101
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 34
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)