Jul 22, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
The Marlins are finally back on the board.
Giancarlo Stanton hit an RBI double off left-hander Drew Pomeranz in the top of the first inning tonight against the Rockies, snapping a streak of 37 consecutive scoreless innings for the Marlins. It was the team’s first run since Derek Dietrich drove in two runs in the fourth inning on July 14 against the Nationals. The Marlins were shut out in all three games against the Brewers over the weekend.
The Marlins’ scoreless streak was the longest in the majors since the Astros had a 42-inning drought in 1985. As pathetic as the team’s offense has been this season, a trip to Coors Field is just what the doctor ordered.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)