Jul 23, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
The New York side of the reporting late last night had Alfonso Soriano to the Yankees as all but a done deal. The Chicago side, however, has come out today saying that discussions have been had but that it is not imminent.
So, New York scribes: you may have to wait a day or two for that column in which you talk about how refreshing it is that the man who was once traded for Alex Rodriguez is coming back to breathe a breath of fresh air back into the Bronx or whatever it is you have planned.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 56
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 1
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 131
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (131)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)