Jul 23, 2013, 5:43 PM EST
Brandon Inge — a guy who has gotten more chances in the bigs than a lot of people ever thought he would — was designated for assignment by the Pirates today.
Inge hit just .181/.204/.238 in 110 plate appearances this year. Over the past three with the Pirates, A’s and Tigers he hasn’t been substantially more effective, though he has had some big hits on occasion.
Is that enough to earn him yet another chance? I sorta feel like it is, deserving or not. Some guys are just lucky that way.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 0
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 80
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 34
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (94)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)