Jul 23, 2013, 5:43 PM EST
Brandon Inge — a guy who has gotten more chances in the bigs than a lot of people ever thought he would — was designated for assignment by the Pirates today.
Inge hit just .181/.204/.238 in 110 plate appearances this year. Over the past three with the Pirates, A’s and Tigers he hasn’t been substantially more effective, though he has had some big hits on occasion.
Is that enough to earn him yet another chance? I sorta feel like it is, deserving or not. Some guys are just lucky that way.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 15
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 53
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 33
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)