Jul 23, 2013, 5:43 PM EDT
Brandon Inge — a guy who has gotten more chances in the bigs than a lot of people ever thought he would — was designated for assignment by the Pirates today.
Inge hit just .181/.204/.238 in 110 plate appearances this year. Over the past three with the Pirates, A’s and Tigers he hasn’t been substantially more effective, though he has had some big hits on occasion.
Is that enough to earn him yet another chance? I sorta feel like it is, deserving or not. Some guys are just lucky that way.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)