Jul 23, 2013, 5:43 PM EDT
Brandon Inge — a guy who has gotten more chances in the bigs than a lot of people ever thought he would — was designated for assignment by the Pirates today.
Inge hit just .181/.204/.238 in 110 plate appearances this year. Over the past three with the Pirates, A’s and Tigers he hasn’t been substantially more effective, though he has had some big hits on occasion.
Is that enough to earn him yet another chance? I sorta feel like it is, deserving or not. Some guys are just lucky that way.
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 2
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 17
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)