Jul 23, 2013, 5:43 PM EDT
Brandon Inge — a guy who has gotten more chances in the bigs than a lot of people ever thought he would — was designated for assignment by the Pirates today.
Inge hit just .181/.204/.238 in 110 plate appearances this year. Over the past three with the Pirates, A’s and Tigers he hasn’t been substantially more effective, though he has had some big hits on occasion.
Is that enough to earn him yet another chance? I sorta feel like it is, deserving or not. Some guys are just lucky that way.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 15
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59