Jul 23, 2013, 8:14 PM EDT
The Brewers have sent 31-year-old veteran reliever Francisco “K-Rod” Rodriguez to the Orioles for Minor League infielder Nick Delmonico, reports MLB.com’s Britt Ghiroli. Rodriguez has rebounded nicely from a tough 2012 season. This year, he has a 1.09 ERA in 24.2 innings, logging ten saves in as many opportunities.
Delmonico, 20, has spent the season with Single-A Frederick in the Carolina League. In 262 trips to the plate, he has hit 13 home runs with an .822 OPS. Ghiroli says the Orioles were reluctant to part with Delmonico, but given the problems the team has had with closer Jim Johnson and others in the bullpen, the Orioles felt like it was worth it for the upgrade.
The Orioles have moved Nolan Reimold to the 60-day disabled list to make room on the 40-man roster for Rodriguez. They will add him to the 25-man roster tomorrow.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)