Jul 23, 2013, 8:14 PM EDT
The Brewers have sent 31-year-old veteran reliever Francisco “K-Rod” Rodriguez to the Orioles for Minor League infielder Nick Delmonico, reports MLB.com’s Britt Ghiroli. Rodriguez has rebounded nicely from a tough 2012 season. This year, he has a 1.09 ERA in 24.2 innings, logging ten saves in as many opportunities.
Delmonico, 20, has spent the season with Single-A Frederick in the Carolina League. In 262 trips to the plate, he has hit 13 home runs with an .822 OPS. Ghiroli says the Orioles were reluctant to part with Delmonico, but given the problems the team has had with closer Jim Johnson and others in the bullpen, the Orioles felt like it was worth it for the upgrade.
The Orioles have moved Nolan Reimold to the 60-day disabled list to make room on the 40-man roster for Rodriguez. They will add him to the 25-man roster tomorrow.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17