Jul 23, 2013, 8:14 PM EDT
The Brewers have sent 31-year-old veteran reliever Francisco “K-Rod” Rodriguez to the Orioles for Minor League infielder Nick Delmonico, reports MLB.com’s Britt Ghiroli. Rodriguez has rebounded nicely from a tough 2012 season. This year, he has a 1.09 ERA in 24.2 innings, logging ten saves in as many opportunities.
Delmonico, 20, has spent the season with Single-A Frederick in the Carolina League. In 262 trips to the plate, he has hit 13 home runs with an .822 OPS. Ghiroli says the Orioles were reluctant to part with Delmonico, but given the problems the team has had with closer Jim Johnson and others in the bullpen, the Orioles felt like it was worth it for the upgrade.
The Orioles have moved Nolan Reimold to the 60-day disabled list to make room on the 40-man roster for Rodriguez. They will add him to the 25-man roster tomorrow.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)