Jul 23, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
With everyone focused on when Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter might come off the disabled list, Curtis Granderson got three plate appearances in a simulated game at the Yankees’ spring training complex in Florida.
Granderson has been out for two months with a fractured left pinkie finger and afterward told Bryan Hoch of MLB.com that he’s basically back to where he was in spring training in terms of game readiness: “I need some swings right now. That’s the main thing I’m missing.”
Granderson has played just eight games for the Yankees all season between two lengthy disabled list stints, but is now close to beginning a minor-league rehab assignment and seems on track to come off the shelf in early August.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 23
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 205
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)