Jul 23, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
With everyone focused on when Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter might come off the disabled list, Curtis Granderson got three plate appearances in a simulated game at the Yankees’ spring training complex in Florida.
Granderson has been out for two months with a fractured left pinkie finger and afterward told Bryan Hoch of MLB.com that he’s basically back to where he was in spring training in terms of game readiness: “I need some swings right now. That’s the main thing I’m missing.”
Granderson has played just eight games for the Yankees all season between two lengthy disabled list stints, but is now close to beginning a minor-league rehab assignment and seems on track to come off the shelf in early August.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11