Jul 23, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
With everyone focused on when Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter might come off the disabled list, Curtis Granderson got three plate appearances in a simulated game at the Yankees’ spring training complex in Florida.
Granderson has been out for two months with a fractured left pinkie finger and afterward told Bryan Hoch of MLB.com that he’s basically back to where he was in spring training in terms of game readiness: “I need some swings right now. That’s the main thing I’m missing.”
Granderson has played just eight games for the Yankees all season between two lengthy disabled list stints, but is now close to beginning a minor-league rehab assignment and seems on track to come off the shelf in early August.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)