Jul 23, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
When the Dodgers acquired Carlos Marmol from the Cubs three weeks ago they immediately passed him through waivers unclaimed and sent him to the minors.
He made a total of five appearances split between Single-A and Double-A, allowing two runs in five innings with a 6/2 K/BB ratio, and now Marmol is joining the Dodgers’ bullpen.
For as awful as Marmol looked during the end of his Cubs tenure he continued to strike out a ton of batters and is still a 30-year-old with a 3.50 career ERA. Obviously the Dodgers will want to keep him away from anything resembling an important situation initially, but as far as middle relief options go Marmol certainly has more upside than most.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 8
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 6
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day (82)