Jul 23, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Reds third base coach Mark Berry was diagnosed with throat cancer during spring training and sat out the first two-and-half months of the season while undergoing treatment.
Berry returned to the Reds last night and resumed coaching third base, which is a job he’s done for a decade now as part of a 30-year run in the Reds organization.
Berry talked to Mark Sheldon of MLB.com about his treatment back in June and it sounded pretty miserable, including a 40-pound weight loss, so it’s great to know he’s feeling strong enough to coach again.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)