Jul 23, 2013, 2:20 PM EST
Reds third base coach Mark Berry was diagnosed with throat cancer during spring training and sat out the first two-and-half months of the season while undergoing treatment.
Berry returned to the Reds last night and resumed coaching third base, which is a job he’s done for a decade now as part of a 30-year run in the Reds organization.
Berry talked to Mark Sheldon of MLB.com about his treatment back in June and it sounded pretty miserable, including a 40-pound weight loss, so it’s great to know he’s feeling strong enough to coach again.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)