Jul 23, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Reds third base coach Mark Berry was diagnosed with throat cancer during spring training and sat out the first two-and-half months of the season while undergoing treatment.
Berry returned to the Reds last night and resumed coaching third base, which is a job he’s done for a decade now as part of a 30-year run in the Reds organization.
Berry talked to Mark Sheldon of MLB.com about his treatment back in June and it sounded pretty miserable, including a 40-pound weight loss, so it’s great to know he’s feeling strong enough to coach again.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 5
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)