Jul 23, 2013, 10:34 AM EDT
Sources, though, conceded that the suspension of Braun could be a precursor to a similar punishment for Rodriguez, who is currently on the disabled list with a strained quadriceps. “My understanding is he’s trying to make a deal,’’ a source said. “But I don’t think it’s going to happen [Monday].”
Based on what we’re hearing about the evidence against him, he’d be pretty wise to do so. And if he could get something that, in form at least, follows Braun’s he’d be dumb not to take it. Something in which the bulk of the suspension comes this season rather than stretching too deeply into next. Which could be harder as each day goes by because, obviously, the number of games this season decreases with each day.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)