Jul 23, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
The latest ballplayer real estate listing. This one in Idaho. It’s Bill Buckner‘s ranch. $1.7 million for the four-acre property with a five-bedroom house covering over 6,600 square feet.
The listing over at Realtor.com suggests says that Buckner retired to Idaho after his long playing career. I’ve seen stories about him in the past 15 years or so that use the word “retreated” to Idaho, with the idea being that his post-1986 World Series blunder required that he remove himself from society. While it’d be understandable if he didn’t want to do deal with too many people after that, nothing I’ve read about the guy suggests that he’s the sort who can’t take it. He’s been back to Boston a lot since 1986 and it’s always gone well. Dude just wanted some property.
And now it can be yours. If you have a couple million.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 17
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)