Jul 23, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
The latest ballplayer real estate listing. This one in Idaho. It’s Bill Buckner‘s ranch. $1.7 million for the four-acre property with a five-bedroom house covering over 6,600 square feet.
The listing over at Realtor.com suggests says that Buckner retired to Idaho after his long playing career. I’ve seen stories about him in the past 15 years or so that use the word “retreated” to Idaho, with the idea being that his post-1986 World Series blunder required that he remove himself from society. While it’d be understandable if he didn’t want to do deal with too many people after that, nothing I’ve read about the guy suggests that he’s the sort who can’t take it. He’s been back to Boston a lot since 1986 and it’s always gone well. Dude just wanted some property.
And now it can be yours. If you have a couple million.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 2
- The Lester trade is a win-win 84
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 145
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 91
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (145)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (119)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)