Jul 23, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
The latest ballplayer real estate listing. This one in Idaho. It’s Bill Buckner‘s ranch. $1.7 million for the four-acre property with a five-bedroom house covering over 6,600 square feet.
The listing over at Realtor.com suggests says that Buckner retired to Idaho after his long playing career. I’ve seen stories about him in the past 15 years or so that use the word “retreated” to Idaho, with the idea being that his post-1986 World Series blunder required that he remove himself from society. While it’d be understandable if he didn’t want to do deal with too many people after that, nothing I’ve read about the guy suggests that he’s the sort who can’t take it. He’s been back to Boston a lot since 1986 and it’s always gone well. Dude just wanted some property.
And now it can be yours. If you have a couple million.
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 3
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 14
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 18
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 34
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)