Jul 24, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
The plan calls for a $500 million investment by the Ricketts family and/or the Cubs and/or allied businesses. The point is that it’s a privately funded project which, well, good. $300 million will be for renovation of the park itself and $200 million for improvements outside the park, including a hotel.
So: get to Wrigley Field before they de-funkify the place. You’ll want to be able to tell young people that you were into that joint back before it was all fancy.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)