Jul 24, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
The plan calls for a $500 million investment by the Ricketts family and/or the Cubs and/or allied businesses. The point is that it’s a privately funded project which, well, good. $300 million will be for renovation of the park itself and $200 million for improvements outside the park, including a hotel.
So: get to Wrigley Field before they de-funkify the place. You’ll want to be able to tell young people that you were into that joint back before it was all fancy.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 40
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)