Jul 24, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
The plan calls for a $500 million investment by the Ricketts family and/or the Cubs and/or allied businesses. The point is that it’s a privately funded project which, well, good. $300 million will be for renovation of the park itself and $200 million for improvements outside the park, including a hotel.
So: get to Wrigley Field before they de-funkify the place. You’ll want to be able to tell young people that you were into that joint back before it was all fancy.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)