Jul 24, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
Just awful timing here for the second-place Phillies.
According to beat writer Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly, left fielder Domonic Brown was complaining of concussion-like symptoms Wednesday after banging his head hard at Busch Stadium on Tuesday night while diving for a Carlos Beltran line drive. Brown missed the ball, Beltran wound up with a triple and later scored as the Phillies lost the game 4-1.
Brown will be monitored closely over the next couple of nights by the Philadelphia training staff. He’s going to be on the bench until at least Friday and could be placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list if the symptoms linger throughout this week.
Brown, 25, is batting .271/.316/.531 with 24 home runs and 69 RBI in 99 games this season. It has been a true breakout year for the former top prospect, who had a dismal .235/.316/.396 batting line in 2012.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 0
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 67
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 58
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)