Jul 24, 2013, 8:35 PM EST
Just awful timing here for the second-place Phillies.
According to beat writer Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly, left fielder Domonic Brown was complaining of concussion-like symptoms Wednesday after banging his head hard at Busch Stadium on Tuesday night while diving for a Carlos Beltran line drive. Brown missed the ball, Beltran wound up with a triple and later scored as the Phillies lost the game 4-1.
Brown will be monitored closely over the next couple of nights by the Philadelphia training staff. He’s going to be on the bench until at least Friday and could be placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list if the symptoms linger throughout this week.
Brown, 25, is batting .271/.316/.531 with 24 home runs and 69 RBI in 99 games this season. It has been a true breakout year for the former top prospect, who had a dismal .235/.316/.396 batting line in 2012.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)