Jul 24, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
Just awful timing here for the second-place Phillies.
According to beat writer Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly, left fielder Domonic Brown was complaining of concussion-like symptoms Wednesday after banging his head hard at Busch Stadium on Tuesday night while diving for a Carlos Beltran line drive. Brown missed the ball, Beltran wound up with a triple and later scored as the Phillies lost the game 4-1.
Brown will be monitored closely over the next couple of nights by the Philadelphia training staff. He’s going to be on the bench until at least Friday and could be placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list if the symptoms linger throughout this week.
Brown, 25, is batting .271/.316/.531 with 24 home runs and 69 RBI in 99 games this season. It has been a true breakout year for the former top prospect, who had a dismal .235/.316/.396 batting line in 2012.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 26
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)