Jul 24, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Well, greatest at least from the 1970s forward. A good argument for the greatest since Ted Williams. Definitely inner-circle. Gotta be in your top five, no? Either way, he’s 49 years-old today.
And yes, I put this up to annoy you guys. Have at the Home Run King. He can take it. He can take it with those big, strong, muscular shoulders!
And for cryin’ out loud, let’s remember that baseball is just a game and it’s supposed to be fun. We argue back and forth and up and down about this stuff all the time, especially now when PEDs are in the news, but this stuff is not as important as your family or your job or any number of other things in life. Because, again: it’s a game.
And in light if it being a game, tell me having Barry and his fellow travelers to first watch and then mock and hate hasn’t been fun in some twisted way. You know it has been.
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 22
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 10
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 100
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (101)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)