Jul 24, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
Josh Hamilton has missed back-to-back games with a bum ankle and it now looks like he’s going to miss more, as he required a cortisone shot.
The weirdest part is that the ankle — which he has described as being sore – was apparently hurt doing nothing. Hamilton explained it to the L.A. Times:
He said the ankle first stiffened on him when he awoke Monday morning. With no apparent trigger for the injury, Hamilton explained how it happened this way: “I woke up.”
Hamilton said “I guess I’m getting older.” Which, yes, I feel you, dude. But it is strange for a major league ballplayer to get hurt like that. Not the strangest – here are some of those — but definitely not one you see every day.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (152)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)