Jul 24, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
Josh Hamilton has missed back-to-back games with a bum ankle and it now looks like he’s going to miss more, as he required a cortisone shot.
The weirdest part is that the ankle — which he has described as being sore – was apparently hurt doing nothing. Hamilton explained it to the L.A. Times:
He said the ankle first stiffened on him when he awoke Monday morning. With no apparent trigger for the injury, Hamilton explained how it happened this way: “I woke up.”
Hamilton said “I guess I’m getting older.” Which, yes, I feel you, dude. But it is strange for a major league ballplayer to get hurt like that. Not the strangest – here are some of those — but definitely not one you see every day.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 6
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 54
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105