Jul 24, 2013, 9:13 AM EST
Josh Hamilton has missed back-to-back games with a bum ankle and it now looks like he’s going to miss more, as he required a cortisone shot.
The weirdest part is that the ankle — which he has described as being sore – was apparently hurt doing nothing. Hamilton explained it to the L.A. Times:
He said the ankle first stiffened on him when he awoke Monday morning. With no apparent trigger for the injury, Hamilton explained how it happened this way: “I woke up.”
Hamilton said ”I guess I’m getting older.” Which, yes, I feel you, dude. But it is strange for a major league ballplayer to get hurt like that. Not the strangest – here are some of those — but definitely not one you see every day.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 18
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 37
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)