Jul 24, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times passes along word that Mariners manager Eric Wedge suffered a mild stroke on Wednesday. The veteran skipper has already been released from a local hospital and is expected to make a full recovery, but he’ll miss the rest of Seattle’s series against the Twins and the following road trip as a precautionary measure.
Wedge, who turned 45 years old in January, is currently resting at his home in the Seattle area.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)