Jul 24, 2013, 7:18 PM EST
Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times passes along word that Mariners manager Eric Wedge suffered a mild stroke on Wednesday. The veteran skipper has already been released from a local hospital and is expected to make a full recovery, but he’ll miss the rest of Seattle’s series against the Twins and the following road trip as a precautionary measure.
Wedge, who turned 45 years old in January, is currently resting at his home in the Seattle area.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27