Jul 24, 2013, 7:18 PM EST
Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times passes along word that Mariners manager Eric Wedge suffered a mild stroke on Wednesday. The veteran skipper has already been released from a local hospital and is expected to make a full recovery, but he’ll miss the rest of Seattle’s series against the Twins and the following road trip as a precautionary measure.
Wedge, who turned 45 years old in January, is currently resting at his home in the Seattle area.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)