Jul 24, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times passes along word that Mariners manager Eric Wedge suffered a mild stroke on Wednesday. The veteran skipper has already been released from a local hospital and is expected to make a full recovery, but he’ll miss the rest of Seattle’s series against the Twins and the following road trip as a precautionary measure.
Wedge, who turned 45 years old in January, is currently resting at his home in the Seattle area.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8