Jul 24, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Sorry. Bored. Keep waiting for all the Biogenesis shoes to drop and all we get are these guys:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that two Minor League players have been suspended following their violations of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Cleveland Indians Minor League shortstop Rubiel Martinez and New York Yankees Minor League left-handed pitcher Anderson Severino have each received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol.
These guys are their teams’ respective Dominican Summer League teams. So no, they will not cause anyone to raise questions about stripping anyone else of postseason awards.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 162
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (162)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)