Jul 24, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Sorry. Bored. Keep waiting for all the Biogenesis shoes to drop and all we get are these guys:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that two Minor League players have been suspended following their violations of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Cleveland Indians Minor League shortstop Rubiel Martinez and New York Yankees Minor League left-handed pitcher Anderson Severino have each received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol.
These guys are their teams’ respective Dominican Summer League teams. So no, they will not cause anyone to raise questions about stripping anyone else of postseason awards.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 0
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)