Jul 24, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Sorry. Bored. Keep waiting for all the Biogenesis shoes to drop and all we get are these guys:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that two Minor League players have been suspended following their violations of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Cleveland Indians Minor League shortstop Rubiel Martinez and New York Yankees Minor League left-handed pitcher Anderson Severino have each received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol.
These guys are their teams’ respective Dominican Summer League teams. So no, they will not cause anyone to raise questions about stripping anyone else of postseason awards.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 35
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 23
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)