Jul 24, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Cespedes is batting fifth and playing left field after sitting out five straight games. Chris Young, who filled in for him in left field, is back on the bench with his .192 batting average.
Cespedes, who was the only Home Run Derby participant not chosen for the All-Star team, hit just .227 with 15 homers and a .718 OPS in 80 first-half games, which represents a 143-point drop in OPS compared to his rookie season.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)