Jul 24, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
While the Brewers’ portal to the MLB.com shop area is now Ryan Braun free, the Braun jerseys themselves are easy enough to find and are still marked at full price. An authentic Braun home jersey costs $298.99 through MLB.com, the same price one would pay for a Brewers jersey featuring the name and number of Jean Segura, Corey Hart or Rickie Weeks instead.
The only nod to Braun’s current status would seem to be that he’s been removed from the Brewers’ player shop links, which features Segura, Carlos Gomez, Weeks, John Axford, Aramis Ramirez and Yovani Gallardo. The Gomez link, though, doesn’t actually bring up anything Gomez related. It just features personalized jerseys, instead. Axford, at least, has a t-shirt.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)