Jul 25, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
After taking foul balls off the mask in back-to-back games, Athletics catcher John Jaso has been placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list. Stephen Vogt has replaced him on the active roster and should serve as Derek Norris‘ backup until Jaso is ready to return.
Jane Lee of MLB.com reported this afternoon that vision tests on Jaso came back normal after he left yesterday’s game, but he was still feeling dizziness. The Athletics obviously didn’t want to take any chances, so they’ll see where he is a few days from now.
Jaso, who was acquired from the Mariners over the winter in a three-team deal, is batting .271/.387/.372 with three home runs and 21 RBI in 70 games this season.
- Matt Holliday’s historical on-base streak ends with ejection 25
- Video: Joey Gallo goes way deep in second MLB at-bat 3
- Video: Joey Gallo’s first career plate appearance in the major leagues results in two runs scoring 8
- Scott Kazmir cleared to return to A’s rotation Friday 0
- Bryce Harper continues to lead N.L All-Star voting; Buster Posey passes Yadier Molina 19
- Rob Manfred expects there to be spring training games in Cuba next year 13
- Stephen Strasburg has a left trapezius strain 19
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 106
- Stan Hack didn’t hack and other inappropriate baseball names (177)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (150)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (133)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (106)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)