Jul 25, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
After taking foul balls off the mask in back-to-back games, Athletics catcher John Jaso has been placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list. Stephen Vogt has replaced him on the active roster and should serve as Derek Norris‘ backup until Jaso is ready to return.
Jane Lee of MLB.com reported this afternoon that vision tests on Jaso came back normal after he left yesterday’s game, but he was still feeling dizziness. The Athletics obviously didn’t want to take any chances, so they’ll see where he is a few days from now.
Jaso, who was acquired from the Mariners over the winter in a three-team deal, is batting .271/.387/.372 with three home runs and 21 RBI in 70 games this season.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)