Jul 25, 2013, 9:02 PM EST
After taking foul balls off the mask in back-to-back games, Athletics catcher John Jaso has been placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list. Stephen Vogt has replaced him on the active roster and should serve as Derek Norris‘ backup until Jaso is ready to return.
Jane Lee of MLB.com reported this afternoon that vision tests on Jaso came back normal after he left yesterday’s game, but he was still feeling dizziness. The Athletics obviously didn’t want to take any chances, so they’ll see where he is a few days from now.
Jaso, who was acquired from the Mariners over the winter in a three-team deal, is batting .271/.387/.372 with three home runs and 21 RBI in 70 games this season.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)