Jul 25, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
After taking foul balls off the mask in back-to-back games, Athletics catcher John Jaso has been placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list. Stephen Vogt has replaced him on the active roster and should serve as Derek Norris‘ backup until Jaso is ready to return.
Jane Lee of MLB.com reported this afternoon that vision tests on Jaso came back normal after he left yesterday’s game, but he was still feeling dizziness. The Athletics obviously didn’t want to take any chances, so they’ll see where he is a few days from now.
Jaso, who was acquired from the Mariners over the winter in a three-team deal, is batting .271/.387/.372 with three home runs and 21 RBI in 70 games this season.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 14
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 18
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)