Jul 25, 2013, 9:02 PM EST
After taking foul balls off the mask in back-to-back games, Athletics catcher John Jaso has been placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list. Stephen Vogt has replaced him on the active roster and should serve as Derek Norris‘ backup until Jaso is ready to return.
Jane Lee of MLB.com reported this afternoon that vision tests on Jaso came back normal after he left yesterday’s game, but he was still feeling dizziness. The Athletics obviously didn’t want to take any chances, so they’ll see where he is a few days from now.
Jaso, who was acquired from the Mariners over the winter in a three-team deal, is batting .271/.387/.372 with three home runs and 21 RBI in 70 games this season.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)