Jul 25, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
Brandon Morrow hasn’t pitched since late May because of a forearm injury and now it looks like he’ll miss the remainder of the season.
Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Dr. James Andrews examined Morrow and diagnosed him with an entrapped radial nerve in his forearm, which comes with a recovery timetable of at least six weeks.
That means even in the best-case scenario Morrow could start throwing again in early September, at which point he’d have to build up arm strength in a hurry to make some late-season appearances for the Blue Jays.
If his season is indeed over Morrow finishes with a 5.63 ERA in 54 innings, failing to build on a very impressive (and injury shortened) 2012 season in which he threw 124 innings with a 2.96 ERA and 108 strikeouts.
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 7
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)