Jul 25, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
Brandon Morrow hasn’t pitched since late May because of a forearm injury and now it looks like he’ll miss the remainder of the season.
Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Dr. James Andrews examined Morrow and diagnosed him with an entrapped radial nerve in his forearm, which comes with a recovery timetable of at least six weeks.
That means even in the best-case scenario Morrow could start throwing again in early September, at which point he’d have to build up arm strength in a hurry to make some late-season appearances for the Blue Jays.
If his season is indeed over Morrow finishes with a 5.63 ERA in 54 innings, failing to build on a very impressive (and injury shortened) 2012 season in which he threw 124 innings with a 2.96 ERA and 108 strikeouts.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 15
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)