Jul 25, 2013, 2:51 PM EST
Brandon Morrow hasn’t pitched since late May because of a forearm injury and now it looks like he’ll miss the remainder of the season.
Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Dr. James Andrews examined Morrow and diagnosed him with an entrapped radial nerve in his forearm, which comes with a recovery timetable of at least six weeks.
That means even in the best-case scenario Morrow could start throwing again in early September, at which point he’d have to build up arm strength in a hurry to make some late-season appearances for the Blue Jays.
If his season is indeed over Morrow finishes with a 5.63 ERA in 54 innings, failing to build on a very impressive (and injury shortened) 2012 season in which he threw 124 innings with a 2.96 ERA and 108 strikeouts.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 64
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 120
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 79
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- So Curt Schilling spent his evening arguing against the theory of evolution (165)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)