Jul 25, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
Brandon Morrow hasn’t pitched since late May because of a forearm injury and now it looks like he’ll miss the remainder of the season.
Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Dr. James Andrews examined Morrow and diagnosed him with an entrapped radial nerve in his forearm, which comes with a recovery timetable of at least six weeks.
That means even in the best-case scenario Morrow could start throwing again in early September, at which point he’d have to build up arm strength in a hurry to make some late-season appearances for the Blue Jays.
If his season is indeed over Morrow finishes with a 5.63 ERA in 54 innings, failing to build on a very impressive (and injury shortened) 2012 season in which he threw 124 innings with a 2.96 ERA and 108 strikeouts.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 10
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 39
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)