Jul 25, 2013, 3:32 PM EST
Regardless of Alex Rodriguez‘s desired schedule and no matter how fine he thinks he is, Brian Cashman has different ideas.
Mark Feinsand of the Daily News just tweeted that Cashman said that A-Rod was seen by a team-approved doctor in Tampa who went over his MRI and concurred that A-Rod has a grade 1 quad strain. The team had a conference call with A-Rod and his camp in which they discussed a rehab protocol. That protocol: A-Rod will continue his rehab work through July 31. If there are no setbacks, he will play in a rehab game or a simulated game on August 1.
Cashman added that while A-Rod might want to be back this Friday, such a schedule “wouldn’t be responsible.”
They know his health better than any of us do. But why do I still feel like Cashman is stalling for time. Or stalling for Bud Selig? And that this little A-Rod drama of the past couple of days has been designed to blow that plan up?
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 336
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (337)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)