Jul 25, 2013, 12:38 AM EDT
Via Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram:
The Rangers, facing the possibility that right-fielder Nelson Cruz could be suspended and without much production from their other outfielders, have set their sights on Chicago White Sox outfielder Alex Rios, San Francisco right fielder Hunter Pence and Seattle designated hitter Kendrys Morales to fill a need for a right-handed hitter, according to baseball sources.
The Pale Hose (39-58) are sure to be sellers at this year’s July 31 non-waiver trade deadline. There’s a little less certainty at this point about the Giants (46-54) and the suddenly-surging Mariners (48-53).
Cruz, as Wilson notes, is connected to the Biogenesis case and could be handed a big suspension soon.
The Rangers beefed up their starting rotation on Monday with Matt Garza. Now it’s time to find a hitter who can attempt to replace Cruz’s production or provide a boost in left and center field if Cruz is around all year.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)