Jul 25, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Apparently team doctors advised Mejia to have surgery to remove bone spurs from his elbow back when he was having discomfort in May, but Mejia told them he’d rather continue pitching and then go under the knife once the season is over.
He’s been limited to just six games in the minors, but does have a 2.55 ERA and 26 strikeouts in 25 innings. And the 23-year-old will make his 2013 big-league debut tomorrow.
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 0
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 28
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)