Jul 25, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Jesse Crain was supposed to play catch and then throw a bullpen session today, but those plans were canceled after the White Sox reliever suffered what the team is calling a minor setback.
Minor or not, it means Crain won’t be activated from the disabled list until after the July 31 trade deadline, significantly reducing the White Sox’s options with the impending free agent who was in the middle of a career-year before being shut down with a shoulder injury.
Pitching coach Don Cooper told Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com that Crain “just needs more time” and “he just wasn’t feeling up to it.”
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106