Jul 25, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Jesse Crain was supposed to play catch and then throw a bullpen session today, but those plans were canceled after the White Sox reliever suffered what the team is calling a minor setback.
Minor or not, it means Crain won’t be activated from the disabled list until after the July 31 trade deadline, significantly reducing the White Sox’s options with the impending free agent who was in the middle of a career-year before being shut down with a shoulder injury.
Pitching coach Don Cooper told Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com that Crain “just needs more time” and “he just wasn’t feeling up to it.”
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29