Jul 25, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Jesse Crain was supposed to play catch and then throw a bullpen session today, but those plans were canceled after the White Sox reliever suffered what the team is calling a minor setback.
Minor or not, it means Crain won’t be activated from the disabled list until after the July 31 trade deadline, significantly reducing the White Sox’s options with the impending free agent who was in the middle of a career-year before being shut down with a shoulder injury.
Pitching coach Don Cooper told Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com that Crain “just needs more time” and “he just wasn’t feeling up to it.”
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (75)