Jul 25, 2013, 1:50 PM EST
Jesse Crain was supposed to play catch and then throw a bullpen session today, but those plans were canceled after the White Sox reliever suffered what the team is calling a minor setback.
Minor or not, it means Crain won’t be activated from the disabled list until after the July 31 trade deadline, significantly reducing the White Sox’s options with the impending free agent who was in the middle of a career-year before being shut down with a shoulder injury.
Pitching coach Don Cooper told Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com that Crain “just needs more time” and “he just wasn’t feeling up to it.”
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40