Jul 25, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Jesse Crain was supposed to play catch and then throw a bullpen session today, but those plans were canceled after the White Sox reliever suffered what the team is calling a minor setback.
Minor or not, it means Crain won’t be activated from the disabled list until after the July 31 trade deadline, significantly reducing the White Sox’s options with the impending free agent who was in the middle of a career-year before being shut down with a shoulder injury.
Pitching coach Don Cooper told Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com that Crain “just needs more time” and “he just wasn’t feeling up to it.”
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 32
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 31
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 44
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)