Jul 25, 2013, 11:20 AM EDT
Miguel Cabrera is out of the Tigers’ lineup today for the third straight game with a hip flexor suffered Monday night.
It doesn’t sound like a disabled list situation, because for now at least the Tigers are saying he might be able to rejoin the lineup tomorrow.
Cabrera has been remarkably healthy throughout his career, never playing fewer than 150 games in a full season and playing at least 160 games in four of the past five years. Today will be his fourth missed game of this season, which is already as many or more than he missed in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011, and 2012.
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 2
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 29
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 143
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)