Jul 25, 2013, 11:20 AM EDT
Miguel Cabrera is out of the Tigers’ lineup today for the third straight game with a hip flexor suffered Monday night.
It doesn’t sound like a disabled list situation, because for now at least the Tigers are saying he might be able to rejoin the lineup tomorrow.
Cabrera has been remarkably healthy throughout his career, never playing fewer than 150 games in a full season and playing at least 160 games in four of the past five years. Today will be his fourth missed game of this season, which is already as many or more than he missed in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011, and 2012.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)