Jul 25, 2013, 11:20 AM EDT
Miguel Cabrera is out of the Tigers’ lineup today for the third straight game with a hip flexor suffered Monday night.
It doesn’t sound like a disabled list situation, because for now at least the Tigers are saying he might be able to rejoin the lineup tomorrow.
Cabrera has been remarkably healthy throughout his career, never playing fewer than 150 games in a full season and playing at least 160 games in four of the past five years. Today will be his fourth missed game of this season, which is already as many or more than he missed in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011, and 2012.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)