Jul 25, 2013, 11:20 AM EDT
Miguel Cabrera is out of the Tigers’ lineup today for the third straight game with a hip flexor suffered Monday night.
It doesn’t sound like a disabled list situation, because for now at least the Tigers are saying he might be able to rejoin the lineup tomorrow.
Cabrera has been remarkably healthy throughout his career, never playing fewer than 150 games in a full season and playing at least 160 games in four of the past five years. Today will be his fourth missed game of this season, which is already as many or more than he missed in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011, and 2012.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 20
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 39
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)